Thursday, September 29, 2005

TV

I am happy to report that the 2nd season of my favorite tv show, Lost, has so far not been a disappointment. It is annoying in some respects though, like all of the questions that have been posed, with so little answers. But it’s a wise decision on the creator’s part, because it undoubtedly will keep me and many others tuning in each week to find out what happens. I’m almost tempted to quit watching it and wait until the season it released on DVD so that I don’t have to wait so long to find out what new obstacles the characters will have to face and the various mysteries of their pasts and what they will face next. But let’s get real here for a moment, that’s never going to happen, because like a heroin junkie, I need my fix, too bad this one only comes once a week.

My Name is Earl on the other hand is kind of a let down. I just didn’t think this week’s episode was that entertaining, not bad, but certainly not on par with what I like to see in tv shows, hence why I don’t watch that many. But as mentioned previously, I’m a Jason Lee fan so I’ll probably continue watching until it’s cancelled.

I’m glad to see Boston Legal back on the air. It’s a great mix of The Practice (which I missed out on and have to suffer through spotty reruns) and Ally McBeal (saw a few episodes, but it didn’t take). James Spader is awesome, and William Shatner is hilarious. I was a little disappointed with Rupert Everett’s guest appearance. It was just so boring, from a usually very interesting actor. I’m not thrilled about the time slot, I preferred having it follow Desperate Housewives. And I can’t stand Gray’s Anatomy.

Speaking of Desperate Housewives, I was glad to see it back in top form on Sunday. For me, towards the end of last season the episodes just seemed to lag. I was not surprised to see that my prediction of Zach aka Dana, is Mike’s son. I was disappointed however, that after waiting most of last season for the plumber and Susan to get together, they are now splitting up. It’s so unbelievable, I mean, what guy would choose a looser son over Terri Hatcher? Not me. I’m liking the character of Bree more and more, now if they would only get rid of Gabrielle, my least favorite character. I really can’t stand her. I like Carlos though. And why do a take on the legend of Glamis? It’s already been spoofed on the Simpson’s and is so like, 17th century ago. Come one Mr. Cherry, first a rip off of a cheesy made for cable looking movie, and now an old legend? Think of something original!

No comments: