Friday, September 23, 2005

Karma, hicks, and older chicks

(hick)

One show I didn’t get a chance to praise, for lack of time, was My Name is Earl, the new Jason Lee (see Almost Famous) sitcom. Generally, as a rule I don’t watch sitcoms, in fact, I despise them with a vengeance. There are a few I like (the classic Seinfeld, King of Queens, Just Shoot Me, and a few others that I will watch from time to time late at night when there’s nothing else on), but for the most part I give sitcoms an extremely wide berth. I just don’t like them and they make me violently ill with how moronic most of them are.
Granted, My Name is Earl, is not the best sitcom ever, or the best show on television, but it has some odd charm that has me completely enraptured. I live near a really small town that has several trashy little convenient stores. And whenever I drive by them, there are always guys hanging around outside, guys just like Earl describes in his opening monologue of the show. It had me in stitches. Although I must admit the whole premise of the show is kind of stupid, and the acting could pretty much be described as sinful, but I will still watch it. I guess it’s one of those tv guilty pleasures people always talk about.

I had yesterday off, so I went swimming at my aunt’s. Of course, with my luck, it rained most of the time I was there. A large dark cloud has been following me around the past few days. I mean, every time I turn around it’s there, hovering over my shoulder like some demented psycho just waiting to gets its claws into me. Anyway, my mom’s friend (who happens to live nearby) sees me out at the pool and stops by. Why, I don’t know, but she did. I soon found out why. She never actually crossed over the line, but her flirting made me feel uncomfortable, especially since I was only in a pair of swimming trunks. Rather long swimming trunks, but still I felt vulnerable under her lecherous gaze. I would’ve put a shirt on, but she snuck up on me. Anyway, it made me feel uncomfortable because the attraction is certainly not returned. She’s defiantly not my type. And it was just really, really awkward, and I don’t know her that well. If I knew her better it might not be so awkward. But it did get me wondering, why can’t my mother have friends who look like Terri Hatcher? This woman has about 12 years on Terri Hatcher and looks nothing like her. If she did I might be willing to overlook the fact that she was born over half a century ago. Older women seem to love me, and I have a somewhat unhealthy attraction to them (the hot ones anyway). So my question is, why doesn’t my mother go out and get some hot friends to hit on me?

That last bit was just some sort of subconscious rambling, so pay no attention to it;)

(hot older chick)

No comments: