Saturday, October 15, 2005

Here is why I don’t watch new television shows until the first season is almost over or the second season starts: I hate it when I get involved in a show and invested in characters, and the stupid execs cancel the show because it doesn’t get ratings like that ridiculous piece of brain cell destroying crap, So You Think You Can Dance?. It happened during the summer season with The Inside. Granted not a terrific show, but it was good. Fox cancelled it once they put So You Think You Can Dance? on the air. This season CBS is coming out with a show just like it. The same thing happened a few seasons back with Wonderfalls. A delightful little show, that was hilarious, but was cancelled after only four episodes, hardly enough time to develop much of a following. Last fall Tru Calling, a truly interesting show was cancelled mid-season without so much as a warning. Because of the networks rash dropping of shows, I almost missed out on Lost, one of the best shows on television. It seemed like a quirky show, and most shows that are odd don’t make it. It wasn’t until I saw promos for how many viewers Lost was getting that I tuned in-luckily for me ABC ran the pilot during the first weekend and so I didn’t miss out on anything. There were only two new shows last season that I started watching from the premier, Desperate Housewives (only because of Terri Hatcher) and Boston Legal (because of James Spader, and later William Shatner).

No comments: