Friday, October 07, 2005

Crying Wolves; Eating Raw Meat

I saw Cry_Wolf yesterday. It was different than I thought it was going to be, and not as good as I’d hoped. Instead of being a film to reinvent the teen slasher flicks, it’s a mediocre horror movie that looks and feels like a low budget British horror film. And there are much better of these films than Cry_Wolf, see The Hole and Murder by Design. Not that it’s a bad movie, enjoyed it and was actually mislead as to whom the actually killer was, by some of the subtext and symbolism. The dénouement was a bit of a stretch, but was not so unbelievable that it didn’t make sense. But Cry_Wolf reminded me more of Gossip, than Scream. It could have been better with a more likeable cast, most of the actors did not give a convincing enough performance that I was able to sympathize with them. Jon Bon Jovi was enjoyable, but did not get enough screen time. Should have made him the lead. Another stand out and one of the few likeable characters was Lindy Booth.

Afterwards I went to Chili’s for supper. I am still grossed out. I can’t stand raw meat, makes me really sick. So whenever I order beef I always order it “well done”. I think I’m going to start ordering it burnt to a crisp. The burger that I got was not quite bloody, but was still kicking and mooing. I sent it back, with visions from the trailer for that new Ryan Reynolds movie dancing through my head. What I got back was better, but still a little too pink around the edges for my taste. But there was no way I was sending it back a second time, already wondering what bodily castaways might have floundered their way onto my meal the first time, and not wanting to get anymore. Disgusting.

No comments: